Tuesday, December 1, 2015

The Republic of Tea- Good Hope Vanilla Tea

Name: Good Hope Vanilla
Company: The Republic of Tea
Type: Rooibos
Price: $10.00
Suggested Amount: 1 bag per 6 oz.
My Amount: 1 bag per 6 oz. 
Caffeine: Caffeine-Free

I saw another blogger review this tea and they way that they went on about it made me want to get it STAT. So, I overcame my laziness and hiked on over to my local grocery store (who, uncharacteristically have a huge Republic of Tea stock). I immediately came back home and steeped myself a cup.

... I was apathetic. While I can see why some people might like this tea, it was a little bit underwhelming as a Vanilla tea. I was just expecting a little more pizzazz with the vanilla, and I only really tasted an okay cup of rooibos.

I will say that the woodsiness of the rooibos made up for some of its downfalls. I guess I would say that if you're looking for a bagged Rooibos (and not vanilla...) then this wouldn't be a bad place to start. 

Also the packaging was a little unsettling in how they played up the whole "African Chic" aesthetic. However, unfortunately this inauthenticity is not uncommon in the tea market.

1st & 2nd Steep:
  • Time: 5 min.
  • Temp: 205°F

Ingredients:
Rooibos, Natural Vanilla Flavor, and Vanilla Beans

Tea Liquor
  • 1st Steep: Deep Red-Brown (It's actually quite beautiful)
  • 2nd Steep: Light Brown (not as sexy as the first steep)
1st Steep
2nd Steep
Flavor: Woodsy and slightly vanilla

Rating: (2.5/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your opinion!