Friday, November 27, 2015

Alishan Oolong Tea- Help me find this tea!

Name: Alishan Oolong Tea
Company: ???
Type: Oolong
Price: $???
My Amount: 1 tsp. per 8 oz.
Caffeine: Low Caffeine

I got this tea as a regift from my roommate in high school, but I never really got around to drinking it (thankfully it was vacuum sealed). Finally, after almost two years, I got around to brewing it. As soon as I opened up the bag, I noticed that the tea wasn't as pungent as I thought it would be. After brewing it though, I realized that the smell was not reflective of the taste. This tea is INCREDIBLY smooth, and has an amazing smokey vegetal taste that I think comes from the twigs that some of the leaves are still attached to twigs. It definitely had little to no weakening through the second steep.

I wouldn't say that this is the best Oolong Tea that I have ever tasted, but it is definitely a tea that I would repurchase (and I am about to run out) if I can find it. I believe that the writing is in Mandarin, but my two years of Mandarin classes in high school are proving themselves to be impractical. The logo is pretty distinct so I hope that maybe someone will see it and help me find it. Would be cool if I could find out more about it, since the logo always makes me laugh a little.


1st & 2nd Steep: 
  • Time: 3 min.
  • Temp: 190°F
Ingredients: Oolong leaves from Alishan Mountain

Tea Liquor:
  • 1st Steep: Yellow-Gold
  • 2nd Steep: Medium Yellow
   
1st Steep
2nd Steep

Flavor:
Incredibly smooth, light vegetal taste, light smokey aftertaste.


Rating: (4/5)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your opinion!