Wednesday, November 25, 2015

DAVIDsTEA- Glitter & Gold Black Tea

Name: Glitter & Gold
Company: DAVIDsTEA
Type: Black Tea
Price: $9.00 for 2 oz.
Suggested Amount: 1.25 tsp tea per 8 oz. water
My Amount: 2.5 tsp tea per 8 oz. water
Caffeine: Medium



Honestly, I am a little disappointed by this one. I'm not gonna lie, I bought into the gimmick and mainly bought this tea for the edible glitter stars. 

The first problem was when I steeped this tea in a cast iron kettle instead of directly into my cup. No matter how much I kept stirring the glitter kept settling at the bottom of the kettle and mug. So the moment of glittery swirls I was hoping for was fleeting, and even then it was never anything exceptionally eye-catching. I can't even say that the taste was that memorable; it was a lot weaker than I prefer my black teas to be– even after using twice the suggested amount. I was too scared to even try a second steep.

I'd really only recommend this tea if you don't like your tea to be strong, and you don't want the cinnamon to be too strong either. Since I already bought two ounces of this tea (b/c its the smallest amount DAVIDsTEA sells), I am going to give it another try by using 3x the suggested amount. If I find this makes any major difference I'll update this post.

If you're looking for a cinnamon black tea, I'd instead suggest Harney & Sons Decaf Hot Cinnamon Spice (link), a favorite which I will review soon.

Let me know if you've had better luck with the glitter in this one.

All that glitters is not gold. (don't worry, I hate myself for being so cliché)

1st Steep: 
  • Time: 5 min.
  • Temp: 205°F
Ingredients:
Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil , shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

Tea Liquor:
  • Transparent medium-brown, light gold undertones.
Flavor: Light black tea flavor, cinnamon undertones.


Rating: (2/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your opinion!